Our guild has a table for collecting fabric to be used in community service quilts. I recently picked up a bundle of (roughly) 5″ squares marked “indeterminate fabric” hoping I could turn them into a quilt. They were a bit flimsy so I had to starch them before I could trim them to 4.5″ squares.
I found a couple other suitable fabrics in my stash and a quilt was born. It’s not very youthful but maybe an old soul will pick it 🙂
I also had some checked yardage which had been given to me so I dug through my stash and found some color matches. The checked fabric is on the heavy side for a quilt but I figure it will be super durable! The back is 100% checks and the front is 3″ squares.
Lastly, I had several yards of dark floral that my mom gave me. I love how this one is turning out–also 3″ squares. I just got it back from my mom who hand quilted it in the ditch (she needed a project). When I get the binding on, it will be ready to go.