Except for the sleeve and label that is. But that does not dampen my excitement at quilting the final stitch last Saturday evening.
I had trouble deciding my quilting plan for the border. My first thoughts called for diamonds strung end to end, then I had a better diamond idea but didn’t think I could get the math right to draw it so I ended up doing a chain with wonky star corners.
Here is the template I made to draw the chain. It was so much easier than cutting tracks in template plastic or drawing around individual pieces.
For quilting the body, I used three different colors of thread depending on the fabrics in the stars. I quilted around all the large hexagons in my quilt frame and finished the stars within the hexagons in my lap. It’s hard to get a good photo but you can at least see the thread colors 🙂